Did You Fall Off The Fitness Wagon Again?
Updated: Jan 22, 2022
Have your weight loss results stopped? Or never got started?
Before you blame a fitness plateau for your lack of results let’s take a hard look at the following:
1. Your Diet: It’s human nature to begin to slip on your nutrition after a few weeks of stringent diligence. A small treat here, and a bite of something there, and before you know it you’ve fallen back into old eating habits.
If your results have stopped then take the next few weeks to track your nutrition and hold yourself accountable for every bite.
2. Your Workouts: If your nutrition has truly stayed on point then your workouts could be the problem. Are you slacking on the final few reps? Have you reduced your overall intensity in your training?
Did you skip a few sessions last week? Before you blame a plateau for your reduced results take a really hard look at your effort of your workouts.
Rededicate yourself to pushing as hard as you can.
3. Your Sleep: This is a tough one for so many people, but you simply must be getting adequate sleep in order to lose fat and develop muscle.
Your body needs close to seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to recover from your workouts and to maintain balanced hormone levels.
Getting to bed on time is vitally important to your fitness results.
If you have tackled the three steps above and still don’t see the number on your scale moving in the right direction, then move on to these next plateau-busting steps…
4. Track Your Efforts: It’s time to get meticulous with tracking your fitness efforts, from exactly what your workouts consist of, to exactly what and when you eat in order to constantly improve.
Make it your goal to outdo yourself every day. If you’re constantly performing better today than you were yesterday, then your plateau will quickly become a distant memory.
5. Track Your Results: Simply checking your weight on the scale is not a thorough enough measurement for your progress. Start tracking additional metrics for change.
Take your measurements. Have your body fat tested. Take pictures of yourself weekly. It’s important to be fully aware of how your body is changing as a whole unit, not just the number on the scale.
You may be surprised to find that your body fat has been dropping while your weight has stayed the same.
See me for additional strategies on breaking through your fitness plateau. Together we will get you on a program that will melt fat and expose shape and definition.
Marc Ouellette is a Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, Certified Specialist in Senior Fitness and Owner of Personal Training Alliance since 2000. I help men and women get thin, burn fat, add lean muscle, and also help them with balance, mobility, stability and becoming more energetic and confident. I'm offering you a Free In-Home Fitness and Nutrition Consultation to see if we can work together so I can help you reach all your health and fitness goals. "Serving Fairfield County and New Haven County and I Come Right To You, or You Can Come To My Home Gym" Simply contact me here at, email@example.com for more information about my services.